Friday, 28 April 2017

IDU transforms the budgeting process at Kargo Group

IDU delivers inclusive, accurate budgets at Kargo Group

The Kargo Group of Companies specialises in Express Road Freight Distribution and Logistics.
The group consists of 4 companies, the Head Office in Johannesburg and there are branches based in Cape Town, George, Bloemfontein, Durban, Port Elizabeth, East London, Limpopo and Nelspruit.

Their fleet consists of 450 vehicles, directly under the control of Kargo this carries out 95% of the company’s distribution. The remaining 5% is to smaller towns in country areas where it is more cost effective to use sub-contractors.

The Kargo Group implemented the IDU Budgeting & Reporting Modules in 2015. Previously their budgets were done using Excel and it was a time consuming, error prone and complicated process.

“For years the budgets were done on an Excel Spreadsheet. With 4 Companies, multiple divisions and about 9 branches, it was a constant nightmare to keep everything in sync. Spreadsheet were sent to branch managers to modify. These spreadsheets were then sent back for finance to incorporate it into the main spreadsheet, Sometimes there were multiple versions of the spreadsheets and just maintaining the main spreadsheet was a challenge.” - Chris Lazanakis, CIO of Kargo Group

Using IDU’s web-based solution now allows all users to work on the budgeting software simultaneously, allowing for a consistent and reliable single version of the truth. Up to date Actuals vs Budget data, with variance indicators for overspend, as well as comprehensive comparative budgets with historical data for easy reference, are just a click away. 

This saves a huge amount of time, and reduces the burden on the finance department, who now set up the framework centrally but empower end users to take control of their own budgets safe in the knowledge that they are empowered with accurate data at their disposal. Multi-tasking is encouraged with multiple idu windows and tabs allowing for optimised data retrieval.

The time it now takes to complete the budgets has drastically reduced.

“Comparisons to live data as well as the past year makes complete sense when users are trying to complete their budgets”

About Kargo Group

The Kargo Group of Companies was established in 1982 and specialises in Express Road Freight Distribution. The group consists of 4 companies all of which enable Kargo to provide their Customers with the service they require. The Kargo footprint extends across the length and breadth of South Africa with the Head Office in Johannesburg and branches based in Cape Town, George, Bloemfontein, Durban, Port Elizabeth, East London, Limpopo and Nelspruit.